Our Featured Product Nylon Rod
Nylon commonly known as Polyamide Rod or PA Rod (PA), are a semi- crystalline polymers with very good mechanical properties, extreme toughness and excellent sliding and wear properties. The properties vary from hard, tough PA66 to soft, flexible PA12. Depending on the type, polyamides absorb different amounts of moisture, so influencing the mechanical properties and dimensional accuracy.
JN Technologies provide centerless grinding services on plastics, especially on Nylon 66 Rods, to ensure each piece is straight and that the final products are true and accurate the precision requirement. As a customize grinding service provider, we stock diameters 6 - 25mm rods in standard 1m, 1.4m and 3m.
- Product details
- CENTRELESS GRINDING
Polyamide 66 has good rigidity, hardness, abrasion resistance and thermal dimensional stability. In addition, nylon 66 has outstanding wear resistance and low frictional properties. It also has very good temperature, chemical, and impact properties. It has been widely used in applications ranging from electronics, marine, and automotive industries, to forestry, construction and mining.
At JN, we stock mainly in machining grade stock shapes nylon 66 rod natural unfilled.
|Stock Shapes||Color||Range||Standard Sizes|
|Nylon Rod||Natural||Diameter: 6mm - 25mm||400mm - 3000mm|
Centreless grinding is an external diameter grinding process. The is supported on its own outer diameter by a workblade located between a high speed grinding wheel and a slower speed regulating wheel with a smaller diameter. Theoretically, centreless grinding is able to grind component of any lengths and diameters.
Centerless grinding with proper set up, is able to achieve roundness, surface finish and dimensional tolerances that are among the best available in grinding working. Moreover, the process is able to improve the roundness of out-of-round workpiece blanks.The advantages of Centreless grinding are summarized below:
- The rate of production is higher in centerless grinding.
- The workpiece is provided with better stability
- The job is supported along the whole length which prevents the occurrence of deflection. Hence, this process is suitable for long workpieces.
- The time required for job setting is eliminated.
- Less material is needed due to the elimination of centering.
- Production costs are lower.
- Maintenance costs are lower as the wear and tear on the machines is less.
Centerless Grinding is a machining process that removes material from the outside of a cylindrical item through the method of abrasive cutting in order to achieve the desired diameters, smoothness and roundness.
The workpiece is fed between two wheels rotating at different speeds. The grinding wheel rotates at a speed that applies a downward force to the workpiece and grinds the workpiece while holding it in place. The regulating wheel (or moving wheel) applies lateral force to the workpiece and controls the rotational speed.Benefits:
- Centerless Grinding allows a high-volume of parts to be processed at once because it occurs at a high-rate of speed.
- This machining process can be used in a wide spectrum of fields, including aerospace, automotive, military, medical and more.
JN employs the Through-Feed centerless grinding for rods with consistent roundness across the length.Our centreless grinding capability:
- Tolerance accuracy: 0.05mm
- Minimum diameter: 6mm
- Maximum diameter: 60mm
- Maximum Length: 4m